Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Adventures of a Pre-Med Kid and a Hole-y Nostril

Hello dweebs,

I haven't posted a blog yet because I was busy getting this done today:
Nose piercing!
So I decided on like...Wednesday of last week that I was finally going to get my nose pierced.  Not only that, but it would be my very first piercing.  Now, I really don't think anyone should take shoving a large needle through your left nostril lightly when making this decision, but IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT.

I went to Chameleon Ink Tattoo & Body Piercing in Bellingham.  They're having a buy-one-get-one deal until at least the end of the month, or you can get 20% a single piercing.  The best part is that the price for mine ($40) included jewelry!  And students get a discount no matter what.  Isn't that great?!

I was lucky to be worked on by Thomas Hall, who was very gentle and understanding that I had never really had a needle brought anywhere near my face before.  We joked after he told me to keep my eyes closed the entire time that it was probably weirder for him if clients were staring him down the entire time.  He said that I did a great job, and I imagine so, considering that my roommates were both telling me stories of people who end up in hysterics and tears as soon as the needle comes into view.  I have to say that I thought having a wet alcohol swab stuck pretty far up your nose (especially when you're hypersensitive to alcohol) was an odd experience...that is, until he decided to stick the metal forceps up my nose.  The pain was equivalent to popping a large pimple, and I started tearing up by reflex, not because of discomfort.  I bled for about 2 minutes, but otherwise, there was very little soreness after.  It was pretty obvious that there was something in my nose, and my peripheral vision has been FREAKING THE FUCK OUT the entire day, but I'm really happy with the end product.

Overall, I'd really recommend people going to this place.  The staff are super friendly and professional.  Thanks guys!

Until next time, dweebs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment