Monday, November 12, 2012

Nerdgasm: "An MD's World"

Hello smarty-pants university-type people!

It's been a very long time.  I know.  It's my senior year, and right when I thought I'd have more time for creative ventures, some heinous thing called "organic chemistry" happened.  It's like anatomy and physiology all over again...but this time I can't physically see anything that I'm learning about.  Not directly anyway.  I find that after my daily mind-fuck I'm anything but creative, so you'll have to excuse how aberrant my posting habits have been.  It will get better; I promise.

And you know what?  Today I'm bloody well flattered because I just found out that THE Janice Lapsansky (my anatomy and physiology professor) reads my blog.  On top of that, I literally got thrown a bone with an interview at a local spine and joint clinic, so I'm excited and terrified at the same time.  I told my boyfriend that if I end up working directly with the MD there that I will "shit butterflies"...and then proceeded to go off on a tangent about how shitting butterflies is a direct biproduct of that feeling of butterflies in your stomach.

ANYWAY, in light of all this happening, I decided to opt for another Nerdgasm post.  There will be more Field Guides and Sanity Checks soon!

I present to you "An MD's World", a parody of "Part of Your World"from The Little Mermaid.

LYRICS- "An MD's World"

(Maybe he’s right.  Maybe there is something the matter with me.  I just don’t see how $100,000 of debt for med school could be bad.)

Look at this stuff.
Isn’t it neat?
Wouldn’t you like to see a real heart beat?
Wouldn’t you think they’re people,
People who know everything?

Look at this bone,
Lacunaes untold
How many capillaries can one tissue hold?
Looking around here you think,
Sure, stuff’s diffusing.

They’ve got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty.
They’ve got x-rays and CAT scans galore.
You want some stethoscopes?  
They’ve got plenty!
But who cares?
No big deal.
They do more.

I wanna be where the MD’s are.
I wanna see, wanna see them caring.
Excising a bursting…um…what do you call it?
Oh---spleen!

In undergrad, you don’t get too far.
Brains are from sheep, and eyeballs are from cows.
Yearning always for a—what’s that word again?
STIFF.

See where they slice, writing those scripts,
Want to dissect some real human hips!
One body please.  Even only it’s knees.
An MD’s world.

What would I give if I could live life in the OR?
What would I pay to spend a day in triage bay?
Betcha today, an MD would say
That I have no place in med school.
But damn it I’m tryin’, hell almost dyin’
For MCAT day!

I’m ready to know what the MD’s know.
Answer some questions, diagnose some symptoms!
Like that’s gonhorrea, and hence why it—what’s the word?
Burns!

When’s it my turn?
Palpate some glands?  Want to hold someone’s life in my hands!
Look down your throat
In a white coat.
An MD’s world.

****And so concludes the story of my life.  

While you're waiting for my next post, there is much reposted amusement to have on the Tumblr for my blog!  I pretty much post new stuff every day there, so go for it.  Lots of science jokes, science related stuff, nerdy things, funny things, the word "fuck", and best of all...hot chicks.

Until next time, dweebs.  And yes, there WILL be a next time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment