Friday, September 2, 2011

Quite Possibly the Haul of the Century

Hello all you smarty-pants university type people out there!  Check all this out!

Would you believe that I bought everything pictured (including mattress/box-spring) for under $200?  I just moved into my new room in my apartment, and was lucky enough to run across some of the best bargains of my entire life.  Guys, this probably won't interest you, and I apologize.  To make up for it, go ahead and busy yourself with this until tomorrow (NSFW), and btw, I'm personally a huge fan of number 8 on that link ;)  
So let me break down this haul for you all and explain how the heck all of this happened.
-1 full-sized Serta mattress with box-spring ($20)
Bought this from a co-worker at the hotel!  Definitely shows that it pays to have friends who live off-campus cuz when they move, you can buy their shit really cheap!
-1 purple down comforter, white bed skirt, foam topper, white quilt and 2 density pillows ($40)
Again, bought from a co-worker at the hotel.  It's amazing just how little people will have you pay when they really need to get rid of things.  Also, it helps that we're on good terms, so I got a good deal!
-1 yellow filigree sheet set (~$15)
Purchased at Fred Meyer.  All the department stores are having "back to college" sales right now and are simultaneously getting ready to welcome in their fall home furnishings, so it is a perfect time to go bedding shopping!
-2 standard pillows and purple pillow cases (~$20)
Fred Meyer
-Antique Gold Heart Pendant Necklace ($2.80)
I was pleasantly surprised to see how delicate the pendant on this necklace is.  I was afraid it would be bulky and cheap looking, but it's quite elegant!
-Black Hooded Leather Jacket ($21)
 Forever 21 is having an AWESOME Yellow Tag deal in which classic jackets are only 21 bucks!
-Burgundy Knit Self-Tie Tunic ($11.50)
I was super skeptical about purchasing this, just based on the fit on the model.  However, the top of it actually is a bit tighter than they let on, so this will be perfect when paired with a vest, chunky scarf, and boots!

-Falling Leaves Necklace ($4.80)
A very pretty necklace.  The chain is a little heavier, and thus "blingy-er" than I expected, but I will find a way to wear this without difficulty.
-White Cardigan with Black Stripes ($12.50)
Forever 21 is my go-to place for cardigans.  They're always cheap, and they last me ages!
-Gold Filigree Ring ($2.80)
Well, I guess I'm a size 6.5 cuz when I tried to take this ring off my right ring finger, I ended up in a desperate fight with the packaging while my finger proceeded to turn purple.  Needless to say, I will be wearing this on THE ring finger (left) from now on.  I'm interested to see how many people ask me if it's just a freaking sweet engagement ring.

 Sorry about the short post everyone.  There's not much inspiration to be had when you come back from seeing Blink-182 in all their glory, spend 4 hrs setting up your room, and then start feeling like this:
Good news: no fever!!
Tune in tomorrow for a new installment of "It Came From the Interwebz"!  We're talking about technicolor baby chickens!  I'm going to bury my face in the steam coming from this delicious cup of tea now.

Until next time, dweebs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment